CANDLE SAFETY

  • Before burning, always trim the wick between 0.5 and 1cm.

  • Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.

  • Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.

  • Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time and leave to cool for at least 2 hours before relighting. 

  • When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.

  • Never leave a candle unattended.

  • Always put candles on a heat resistant surface, the container may get hot when burning

  • Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc. Do not burn candle under a shelf. 

  • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.

  • Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.

  • Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1cm remains in the container.

  • Place burning candles at least 10cm apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.

  • Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.

  • Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.

  • Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.

  • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.

  • Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a container.

  • Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.

  • Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.

  • Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a container. It might scratch, weaken, or cause it to break upon subsequent use.

0
  • Black Instagram Icon
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Pinterest